Can you keep a secret? COMING UP in 2014 - on 10/11/14, the 2nd SAT in October, from 10 am to 10 pm – is our 7th annual, BIGGER-THAN-EVER, EVEN-BETTER-THAN-BEFORE, ALL-IN-ONE-PLACE Arts & Music Festival!
WHERE, you ask? Oh, sorry, we’re only telling our artists for now. CLICK here for our CALL to ARTISTS :-)
. . . and stay tuned for much more in 2014.
Here’s what happened last year . . .
On 10/12/13, the 2nd SAT in October, District A celebrated with an all-day-long, family-friendly progressive party along Montgomery Road.
Everyone had special access to our soon-to-open Gateways to District A ~ the Kennedy Heights Cultural Center at Kennedy & Montgomery, and in Pleasant Ridge, the Bi-okoto Cultural Institute at 5601 Montgomery. From one Gateway to the next, this “progressive party” moved from Kennedy Heights venues in the morning/afternoon, to Pleasant Ridge venues in the afternoon/evening.
NEW THIS YEAR, thanks to Ohio Valley Residential Services, were FREE VAN RIDES between the Gateways to District A from NOON – 5 PM.
- From 10:30 – NOON, everyone could tour inside the Kennedy Heights Cultural Center to envision all that’s in-the-making there, and outside My Nose Turns Red turned the corner into a family circus with everything but the tent!
- Kennedy Heights Arts Center, 6546 Montgomery, was open from NOON to 4PM. Visitors discovered all that KHAC offers, from galleries and art-making studios to family arts and music all across the lawn and expansive gardens.
- From Noon – 5PM, at the Ridge Pavilion, 6142 Montgomery, there were one-of-a-kind gifts, all kinds of visual arts, and ‘truck-painting’ for everyone at our annual Art Show & Sale.
- Next door, Beans & Grapes hosted a wine tasting from 2 – 4PM, and across the street were music, crafts, face-painting & snacks at Pleasant Ridge Library.
- The 2013 Arts & Music Festival closed at Bi-okoto Cultural Institute, 5601 Montgomery. From 5 -7PM, all the community was invited to explore what’s underway: what used to be the Mills Fence Co. headquarters is becoming performance studios, theatre space, artists’ housing units, and instrument repair and retail spaces!
10/12/13 was also SHOP HOP weekend, so 30+ local businesses, cafés and restaurants offered discounts all day long during their regular business hours. That meant more fun / more savings / more local business support.
THANKS TO ALL who made our 6th annual Arts & Music Festival a great community success!